- Visa types:
1. Airport Transiv Visa (ATV) – Visa applicants are required to have such a visa to pass through the international transit area of Cypriot airports without actually entering the national territory of Cyprus, during a stop-over or transfer between two stages of an international flight. The requirement to have this visa is an exception to the general right to transit without a visa through Cyprus.
2. Transit visas - Visa applicants are required to have such a visa to travel from one Third State to another, to pass through the territory of the Republic of Cyprus. This visa may be issued for one, or exceptionally several transits, provided that the duration in each case does not exceed five days and provided that the entry of the applicant into the territory of the destination Third State is guaranteed and that the route taken normally requires transit through Cyprus.
3. Short – stay or travel visas (single/double) - Visa applicants who seek to enter the territory of the Republic of Cyprus, for reasons other than immigration, to pay a continuous visit or several visits, the duration of which does not exceed three months in any half-year from the date of first entry. As a general rule, this visa may be issued for one or several applicants.
4. Multiple entry visas - In the case of applicants need to travel frequently to Cyprus, for example on business, short-stay visas may be issued for several visits, provided that the total length of these visits does not exceed three months in any half-year. This multiple entry visa may be valid for one year, and in exceptional cases, for more than a year but for no more than five years for certain categories of persons.
5. Long stay visas - Visas for visits exceeding three months for the following categories: